Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Pennywise and Jason

Pennywise and Jason
NECA "IT" and "Friday the 13th Part V"
Ultimate Figures


Happy Halloween!  What better way to celebrate than with a pair of scary looking action figures on your Halloween mantel display?!  Neca's "ultimates" line may come with a higher price tag than most figures ($25-30) but you really do get all your money's worth and more in accessories and execution.  


I was going to stick with my 8-bit video game Jason from a few years back, but when I saw this one, I had to have it.  So many wonderful head/mask variations that I'll never need another!  Worms, dirt, blood, and even the dream sequence "Humungus Griswold" mask!  The dirty-wet shine on the figure really brings Jason to life...literally!  So much for that makeshift tombstone...Jason never dies!  You also get a machete, ax, ice pick, and an interchangeable, split-fingers hand.
 


While the new "IT" movie is far superior to the TV movie, you just can't forget Tim Curry as Pennywise.  You get four different heads: happy, frowny, "eat your arm off",  and "this is battery acid, you slime."  He also has hands appropriate for showcasing Georgie's boat, a noisemaker, and balloons.  The balloon effects really push this one over the top, with each plastic orb attached to a bendable cable that can support its weight and be posed different ways.  


















With these figures hard to pass up, I find myself collecting more and more horror figures than I ever though I would.  Never sleep again...Ultimate Michael Myers and Dream Warriors Freddy is coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment