Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Slushy Soldiers

 Slushy Soldiers

Fortnite Legendary Series - Jakks Pacific


It’s been a while since Jakks’ Fortnite series filled some goon slots in my superhero collection.  This Walmart exclusive was a bit late for Christmas...but luckily that groundhog saw his shadow, and gave Mr. Freeze a bit more time on the ice with his new henchmen.

The slushy soldier is on a reused soldier body, but is nicely repainted with wintry colors.  His arsenal is appropriately hilarious:  carrot knife, carrot bandolier strap, machete wreath back pack, ice pick/hammer.  The traditional snowman head could be taken as cutesy or creepy, depending on what you’re using them for.  Of course, these have several machine guns with them at all times, so I would guess the latter.


 

I braved sub-zero temperatures and hardened plastic joints for this shoot.  It was a lot of fun to play with my toys in the snow.  I got to break out my favorite Mr. Freeze figure (DC Direct’s Secret Files figure) and  Arctic Shield Batman (Mattel 2003 Batman line).  While these are older figures with limited articulation, the sculpts and accessories keep them in my displays.  Freeze just looks perfect, and Arctic Batman...he’s had a lot of wacky costume variants, but this one actually works!  I was even able to give hi shield/sled a go!


 

Get out there and have some fun with your toys when you can.  And pick up some Slushy Soldiers on Walmart’s website now!  They, and the snow, won’t last for long.


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I just found my Slush Soldier about 10 days ago and he is pretty cool. Your pictures are great! I have both of those Batman figures, too, but getting to see that Batman in the snow is amazing. I wish we'd get some real snow where I'm at in NC but we haven't got much of anything this season.

    ReplyDelete