Friday, September 4, 2020

The Mandalorian

 The Mandalorian

Cara Dune, Remnant Stormtroopers, Imperial Combat Assault Tank

Hasbro

I’ve had these a while, but just now Getting around to having a closer look.  As I mentioned back in my custom Baby Yoda review, Disney/Hasbro underestimated the success of the show, and was way late getting any merch to the fans.  Still, how they got to a Raider goon and redecorated AT-ST before the titular character is a bit baffling.

Anyway, he’s here now, along with the badass, Cara Dune.  Not much to say about them...they are both well executed figures in the classic 3.75 inch scale.  This is Mando from the very beginning of the season, so no jet pack or upgraded armor.  Judging by how long they let fans of this scale wait, we’ll get some Beskar armored Mando from the end of season one right around the time season three ends.

No jet pack, but at least he comes with my favorite nod to the Star Wars Holiday Special:  the tuning-fork, disintegrator rifle.  If they’re going to integrate garbage from Clone Wars and Rebels into the show, why not explain this one in future seasons.  Boba Fett popping up again is inevitable.  I can live with it...if they can push the Holiday Special further into canon (Life Day exists!  Thanks, Jon Favreau!), I’m game.

Hasbro has also delivered some dirty-decoed, Remnant Stormtroopers in this scale.  Of course, I needed at least six to fill the slots on the now-canon Imperial Troop Transport.  This is the cheap-o Rebels model...I wasn’t paying $80 on the revamp.  Though I do notice its down close to $50 on clearance.  If it gets to $40, maybe...

 

Add caption

 

Like the tank here...I think it was $70 out of the gate.  I got it for $28 on clearance.  It’s a nice looking vehicle, but definitely not worth full price.  As much as I despise Rogue One, I do like the removable containers that house Kyber crystals.

 

Wrapping up, three new figures in classic scale from the Mandalorian is a step in the right direction.  However, I will not be satisfied until I have tiny versions of Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito, and Carl Weathers in my Star Wars collection.

 

More Mando goodness:

The Child custom figure

AT-ST Raider

1 comment:

  1. These figures are so cool! Great job snagging the stuff on sale. And amazing pictures, as always.

    ReplyDelete