Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Beef Boss

Beef Boss
Fortnite Legendary Series
Jazwares

As I said before, Jazwares is killing the 6-inch figure game with figures from a video game that I have never played.  Great, old-school Marvel Legends articulation (Toy Biz, yo) with tons of accessories and funky character designs.  I use the line primarily as goon army builders and placeholders in my DC/Marvel collections.  But some that don’t fit there are just too fun to pass up.  Like Ralphie (aka Rabbit Raider) and Beef Boss here.
Would you like fries with that?  Super-size for only 39 cents more?

I love fast food.  McDonald’s in particular.  So a figure with a McD-inspired burger puppet head, Ronald-esque bright colors, and a giant spatula weapon is an instant win.  No waiting for this one to go to clearance...I needed him now!  He shares the basic soldier body type that many of the other Fortnite characters have, but get a load of the sesame seeds sprinkled throughout!
NO.  SPECIAL. ORDERS!!!


Along with the spatula, he is armed with a wicked looking assault rifle, two pistols, a plate with a slice of cake, and a giant French fry backpack.  My favorite detail is the holster on his backside that has non removable ketchup and mustard bottles.  Man, I wish I still had some of those old Happy Meal Fry Guys toys to stand with him as henchmen.
“I knew you’d ketchup to me sooner or later.  How I relished this meeting.”


While he looks nothing like the character Batman the Animated Series or his comic look, thematically I think he makes an excellent stand-in for the Condiment King.  If not him, at least he checks the 60s comics gimmick of the week box.  He would definitely fit in the Tick’s universe...if only there were modern Tick action figures.  Oh well, I still had fun recreating one of my favorite Batman TAS moments with him:
“Come, Batman...let’s see if you can cut the mustard.”

“QUIET!”


No comments:

Post a Comment