Tuesday, February 18, 2020

More Mario Kart!

More Mario Kart!
Hot Wheels - Mattel


Mattel has cranked out several more waves of Mario Kart Hot Wheels since my initial review.  They haven't quite hit the whole racer roster yet, but if it did stop here, I'm glad we got Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, and Koopa Trooper joining the fray.










While the standard karts get a pass for repeating molds, the biggest disappointment in this set is seeing Waluigi in the Badwagon.  So many other kart options, and they go with one that is so specifically Bowser.  I guess I should just be happy no one is on a motorcycle.  No bikes in Mario KART!!!  Toad's Sneeker is the most unique in the set, but im partial to Koopa Trooper in his Circuit Special.  If you have the need for speed, KT never lets you down!


There are a few Yoshi color variants out there (a black one is part of a multi-pack of cars I already have...lame), and I passed on Tanooki Suit Mario...but I'm calling this done until I see some Shy Guy love.  Well, maybe Birdo...and Bowser Jr...a box set of Koopa Kids would be nice...Anyway, these have started showing up at Walmarts recently.  No more Target exclusives!  Yay!  Target needs blue-shelled in the worst way!



No comments:

Post a Comment