Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Mario Kart

Mario Kart
Hot Wheels - Mattel



Sure, they may be a lil over-sized, but these new Karts from Mattel fit with my 1:64 movie and TV car collection better than any other offerings out there.  Plus, they roll very nicely and look sweet! 
































Die-cast metal carts with a nicely sculpted plastic figurine in the driver's seat.  Bowser is probably my favorite, not just because of his bulk, but the spikes on his shell are a separate, under laid piece.  They have a flexible, rubbery feel to them.  




























The only complaint I have with these is that Luigi needed his death stare.  That, and we're missing some key characters in this lineup.  All the main cast is here, except for Donkey Kong and Toad.  Hopefully there will be a second wave with these, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, and Wario.


























Oh, and I am thankful that no spot in this wave was given to a motorcycle.  It's "Mario KART", dammit!  






1 comment:

  1. They are very cool. I wish Jakks Pacific would release more Mario Kart figures (possibly even with carts) in scale with the World of Nintendo line. That's my preferred scale. My daughter and I have admired the tracks for these, though, and they're kind of cool, too.

    ReplyDelete