Friday, February 1, 2019

Mr. Freeze

Mr. Freeze
Batman Missions True-Moves
Mattel - 12-inch figure


Mr. Freeze has been a tough one to track down.  Quite a cold case, if you will.  Ba-dum-ching!  He was a late assortment refresh pack-in that I have only seen once on the shelves so far.  In fact, I picked up the one and only one I have seen.  He's been on Amazon for some time, but priced at $20 or more.  Too rich for my blood, but I might have caved if I had not been lucky enough to nab him.


The design on the suit is fantastic.  Lots of mech-tech sculpting, buckles, and straps.  And the color scheme...black, silver, and blue never looked so good!  The only thing that might have made it better would be some white, cold-frosting effects...especially on the base of the dome.  
























Oh, it was a complete shock that the dome is removable.  Does that qualify as an accessory?  Maybe not, but Mr. Freeze has a gun!  Oh, wait...it's molded to his hand!  Wah-wah.  So close to perfection, but not a deal breaker.  Still loving these big, cheap Batman dolls!  As I mentioned before, they sport a decent amount of articulation for $10 and the comic book designs set them apart from all the movie garbage on the shelves.  Great for kids and collectors alike...unless you're a lame articulation snob.  Chill out!

1 comment:

  1. Nice write-up and toy photography! I just started noticing how cool these are - I have a Black Manta and love it, must hunt down more.

    ReplyDelete