Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Venom

Venom Wave
Marvel Legends
Hasbro


I'm a little late with these, but no later than Hasbro was ready with these figures to coincide with the Venom movie.  I got these about the same time it hit Redbox.  If you weren't already drowning in Deadpool figures, someone pulled the level on the chute marked "More Symbiotes."  Somebody defrost "Green Jelly!"

Carnage and his offspring are totally 90s comic garbage, but they are so colorful and toyetic.  I skipped Cletus the first time around, and I am glad I did so.  I would have missed out on his alternate "unmasked head."  The slimy tentril pieces really add to the very Bagley look...very good translation from page to figure.  You also get some alternate murder hands!




















Carnage was the tops for accessories in this wave.  No frills for Scream, unfortunately.  I guess you have to have a built in gimmick like Lasher.  Still, she looks great.  Always a fan of the colors.  We're still a couple of symbiotes short of "Separation Anxiety."

The Venom figure is the least exciting of the bunch, mostly because its a slight re-release/retool.  However, it could be considered a completely different figure, Pork Grind:  Spider-Ham's arch nemesis.  If that wasn't enough for a rebuy, you do get a great McFarlane-esque Eddie Brock head and some "unmasking" symbiote shoulder attachment.  Also, the Venom head (open mouth, no tongue) is new, so more variation for a favorite character.















Spider-Ham is getting a lot of flack because of his lack of articulation, especially in his lower half.  Yeah, it is lacking there and maybe he should have been a bonus pack-in elsewhere.  (Ah, the good old Toy Biz days.)  He is basically a pack-in for the largest piece of Monster Venom.  I still really like the overall figure.  If I did not want the full Venom, Spider-Ham would still be hard to resist picking up.  I had to throw Spider-man Noir into the pictures with him!
Poison was an odd choice, one that I could have skipped as he is an alternate timeline/universe version of Spider-man.  Wait...I take that back...after seeing the best picture of 2018, "Into the Spider-Verse," I definitely need any and all Spider-man variations!  While not all that familiar with the comic, he does look nice.  Very clean, Iron Man-like armor.  An unmasked head would have been made it better...thanks, Cosmic Spidey!

















"Monster" Venom, while not as big as I had expected, is pretty massive.  Veins galore!  And the metallic purple really makes him unique to the others on the shelf.  Though I must say, if I had not wanted all the figures in this wave, he would be an easy pass.  Sorry, but Eddie Brock is Venom, and Mac Gargan is Scorpion.  Period.  And if Mac must be Venom for a bit, I prefer the scorpion tail as part of his look.



















The last figure in this wave, Typhoid Mary, I am saving for a Daredevil review.  Or at least the next Spider-man wave, which is due any day now.  More to come on that soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment