Monday, July 30, 2018

South Park Cartman's Basement

South Park: Cartman's Basement
The Fractured but Whole
McFarlane Toys Construction Set
I picked up a playset for the Kidrobot South Park: The Fractured but Whole mystery figures I featured in a previous blog.  This is a construction (read "fake LEGO") set from McFarlane (yes, they do make more than sports and zombie figures) Toys.  Cartman's basement scales well with these 3-inch figures.  It also came with Cartman, Kyle, and Token figures, but they are too elongated with the brick features to match the aesthetic.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As a South Park fan, I was interested in these sets, but I knew I should hold out initially.  There have been too many figure lines of the like in the past that have petered out before completion.  This 333 piece set was the biggest and most expensive set of the lot that started at $50.  I waited...Gamestop marked it down to $30...I waited...and hit them on one of their clearance sales for $15.  It's certainly not as well-executed like LEGO, but it was an hour or two of construction fun and still makes a great display for the mystery figures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment