Monday, April 16, 2018

South Park/Urban Playset

South Park Fractured But Whole
3-inch mystery minis, Kidrobot
The Urban Playset
3.75" convention specialty set
Readysetz.com
 
The Urban Playset is big, pop-up, cardboard diorama for action figures between 4-6 inches available only online from ReadySetz.com for a limited time.  This is not that set.  This is a shrunk down version more appropriate for 3.75" figures that was sold at a Las Vegas toy show (hence some of the new Vegas décor) and available after the show in limited quantities via customer service email.  The set is sturdy and durable feeling and the cardboard has a plastic-like hardness to it.  It really is top-notch printing.  There is not a single piece of this set that does not feature printed detail.  There are some extra pieces to assemble, like some ramps and scaffolding, but you really can just pop-up and play.  And when you're done, it folds neatly back into its box for storage.

I got the scaled down set to go with some of the smaller figures in my collection, like minimates (Ghostbusters in specific.). I would be great for a Marvel Universe or GI Joe 3.75" figures.  To show off some of the detail/features of the diorama I decided to display some of Kidrobot's 3" South Park Fractured But Whole figures, as I had not reviewed them yet. 

These figures had been released a year ago with the coinciding video game's original release date.  It was delayed some time, but when it did get released, Best Buy got a whole new shipment of them.  Ugh, blind box figures again?  Yes, but I was lucky enough to hit a full box and didn't end up with any duplicates in the 8 or so I picked up.  I ended up with a few of the more rare ones and picked up some of the others on eBay.  Best Buy had them cheaper that anywhere else: $8 instead of $10.  Even so, $8 is a lot for a tiny figure with 3 points of articulation... but I couldn't live without Coon and Friends, especially after playing the game!  I'm only missing one figure in the set, the Mosquito, but plan on eBaying him someday.
 Best Buy also had an exclusive, glow in the dark Awesom-O figure I couldn't pass up.  While not a part of South Park's superhero parody, I could see him filling a spot in the line-up like Marvel's Vision or DC's Red Tornado. 
Seeing reviews and having the smaller model makes me regret not pulling the trigger on the bigger Urban Playset when I had the chance.  So much play potential as a Gotham City wannabe!  I hope it comes around again someday.  Oh well, ReadySetz is getting ready to roll out a space playset soon that I hope looks just as nice.  Maybe it will look good with Transformers?  Doctor Who?  Superheroes?  I am eager to see what they come up with.
 
 
 




 



























No comments:

Post a Comment