Friday, October 29, 2021

Frankenstein

 Frankenstein

NECA - Universal Monsters


Yes, just plain Frankenstein.  Get over the "Frankenstein's Monster" thing...I'm a lazy typist.  After all these years of second and third tier horror properties, NECA is finally tackling the granddaddy of them all!

Frank is the first of many Universal Monsters coming.  He's probably number three or four on my list of the classics, but you can't not have him in your collection.  He looks great...spot on Boris Karloff in all three head sculpts.

I really like the manacles.  Gotta love real metal chains on toys.  He also comes with some flowers...but no little girl for chucking into the drink.  Extra heads means less other accessories. Other than some lab stuff (which would be better suited for a deluxe set), I wish he had a torch to prod him with.  Ah well, I had a couple of spares laying around.

Frankenstein hit Walmart right in time for Father's Day.  What?!  Well, that's kind of funny considering his creation and all.  He should be getting a larger release soon if you missed him, in both color and black and white variations.  In spite of the "classic" presentation, I wanted the color versions to fit in better with all my Halloween figure displays.

Wolfman is coming next, followed by the Mummy.  Wolfy is number two on my list, right behind Dracula.  Speaking of Drac, I was hesitant to get excited by this line until NECA confirmed they had likeness rights to Bela Lugosi.  His estate has been a notorious hold-out for many a line, so I wasn't about to start buying in on another potentially incomplete set.  Not that Dracula was ever absent from these...he was just an imposter.  Lugosi or bust!  NECA had better make good on that promise, or Frank here might be sleeping with the Gill-man very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment