Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Halloween II Mystery Capsules

Halloween II Mystery Capsules

NECA

Impulse buy!  I found these in the “adult collectible” section of Walmart (electronics area) and had to know what was inside.  Funny that NECA pumps so much energy behind sequels that are no longer canon (or part of an alternate timeline?).

What’s inside?  Was this worth 10?  Well...it’s a literal mixed bag.  First, you get some appropriately colored capsules embossed with the Halloween II logo.  I guess you could string these together or put em in a bowl for a seasonal decoration.


Inside are Halloween II trinkets of varying quality.  Here’s my ranking from least to most exciting:  eraser, lanyard, shoe laces, magnet, key chain, finger puppet mask, Haddonfield Memorial patch, enamel pin, Halloween III skull mask. 

Wait...Halloween III?  They couldn’t think of nine H2 collectibles? Nothing to commemorate my favorite kill in the entire series?!  I’m not complaining too much about that, as this is my favorite pull from the mix.  It may just be a repacked head from NECA’s H3, Mego-style (pronounced “cheapandoutofscale”) figures, but the peg hole fits my Michael Myers figure and doesn’t look too big.  I wish I could get the pumpkin and witch mask the same way, as I’m not a supporter of the 8-inch (pronounced “lame”), clothed line.

While half of these will be dumped in a bin and forgotten about, the other half I can see making future seasonal appearances.  Kids, like mine, will have a good time opening these with you.  NECA also has a Child’s Play pack available...I wonder which movies might be on deck next year?  C’mon, tiny Jason masks!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I gotta track these down. That's not a bad collection of Halloween items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, if you look at most Halloween items they're often labeled as being from Halloween 2 rather than the original film. There's some rights issue where the original film's rights and licensing are far more expensive and/or harder to obtain.

      Delete