Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Disney Afternoon

Disney Afternoon
Funko

Whoa!  A Funko acquisition that isn’t lazy and doesn’t suck?!  To be honest, I was obligated to buy these for Uncle Scrooge...and Darkwing Duck...and though they are waaay out of scale, I like Chip and Dale for their homage to Indiana Jones and Magnum PI...Sorry, Baloo, I love you, but I wasn’t a big Tale Spin fan.  You’re lucky to be along for the ride!  Until Launchpad gets here, Scrooge could use a pilot for his adventures.

















These are solid, well-made figures that are technically in the four-inch scale.  Yes, either the Rescue Rangers were zapped by Wayne Salinski’s re-embiggen setting, or the others got shrunk to match.  Baloo should be a little bit bigger, but...The articulation varies character to character, and it good enough in keeping with the animated aesthetic.  





















Scrooge fairs the best with accessories, coming with his cane and a classic money bag.  Darkwing has his gas gun, and Dale has a mini figure of Zipper...Baloo and Chip get nothing?  C’mon!  How about a shipping crate with Shere Khan’s business logo on it?  At least throw us a magnifying glass!























I have been sitting on these a while.  They just seemed to drop on retail without much warning one day.  They are great for the price (around $8) and can still be found at most Target stores and online (some marked down.)  I think I hesitated in posting these because Funko is notorious for getting a line out, then dropping it after one wave.  I didn’t want to get my hopes up for a robust DuckTales line.  Luckily I had Phat Mojo while I waited.  I waited and forgot and...well well well...there was a sequel!  Coming soon!












Around the same time that these came in, a collection of old Disney Afternoon Nintendo games were packaged together on PlayStation and XBox virtual stores.  I cant count how many runs I’ve made on the original Ducktales game.  The legendary pogo cane, the fun co-op option in Rescue Rangers, the variety of gadgets and bosses in Darkwing Duck...Capcom really made the best of these properties.  Except for...oh, sorry again, Baloo.  Your game got the short end of the stick.  Ducktales and RR even got sequels, also available here in this $20 package.  Not bad for a nostalgia kick!  Get it today before the rights lapse!










No comments:

Post a Comment