Monday, June 4, 2018

Disney Vinylmation Indiana Jones

Disney Vinylmation Indiana Jones
 
 
Another rare Indy find, second-hand at a local comic shop.  But is it a welcome find? It's creepy and pointless as all get out, but it was only three bucks.  The clerk asked "Is that Nicholas Cage?"  I said," Close, if you're a "National Treasure" fan. 
 
But I understand...this Disneyana crossover is confusing.  I know there isn't exactly a glut of Indy product out there, but was anyone asking for their favorite action hero to be grafted onto the body of Mickey Mouse? 
 
 
I guess they make the best they can with the ears, painting them to blend into a key location or suggestion of the film it is from.  Here we get some Egyptian hieroglyphics as featured in the Tanis Dig/Map Room scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark.
 
 
The figurine is about three inches tall and has three points of articulation.  The paint is pretty solid, and is as accurate as any toon caricature can get with Mickey cheeks as your base, I reckon.  He comes with one accessory: the Staff of Ra.
 
I think that these are blind box figures and, to make things worse, Disney parks and stores exclusives.  So if these things are your bag and you don't live on the coasts, good luck with your Ebay hunting!
 
Just for fun, I dug out the old Kenner Map Room playset and all of the variations of that Indy I have collected.
 

Whoops...forgot one!  Original Map Room Indy is upset he wasn't invited!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment