Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Mega Man X

Mega Man X
Marvel vs. Capcom Target exclusive
Mega Man X is one of the greatest Super Nintendo games ever.  Set a century after the original Blue Bomber, X is the more grown up, grittier Mega Man no one asked for.  Don't get me wrong, he's still awesome, but now he's fighting animal-themed robots instead of industry-appropriate robot men? 
In this Target exclusive 2-pack, he's fighting Iron Man.  Just 'cause.   I don't collect Marvel's 3.75 inch line, so old Shell Head got kicked to the curb right out of the box.  I bought X hoping he would size well with the World of Nintendo 4-inch line. 
 
He's a little short, sadly.  But I can live with it considering Worlds of Nintendo's scale is fudged a bit with the more human characters (Samus, Link).  I was hoping he was at least head to head with his old-school counterpart, represented by this nice Ban Dai figure from a few years back. 
No dice.  X should be taller and lankier.  Oh well.  He's pretty close in size to an old Rockman model character that is almost two decades old.  While his height is disappointing, I don't regret that I bought him other than having to have a generic, repacked Iron Man figure to get him.  His articulation is decent, and he comes with a blaster effect that plugs into my original Mega Man as well.  Also, there isn't a lot of Mega merchandise states side this inexpensive.  Like many fans, we're still holding our breath for a company to pick up an expansive, yet inexpensive Mega Man line.







No comments:

Post a Comment