Friday, August 4, 2017

1989 Batmobile

1989 Batmobile
Jada 1:24 scale die cast metal

As I've said before, it's hard for me to resist picking up any 89 Batmobiles I see.  At least I didn't have one in this scale already.  $20 for a detailed, die cast metal and a nifty lil Batman to stand alongside it? Score!

The canopy opens and closes.  It also has machine guns that can be raised, lowered, and covered.  Just remember, kids:  Batman doesn't kill...except when he totally does.  Just rubber bullets anyway, right?


The Batman isn't quite as detailed as the picture on the box, but still looks great for as small as he is.  I only wish he could fit inside the car.  That would put this release over the top!





The flat black paint job is movie perfect, as are the silver details on the sides and back turbine.  I have read reviews online that this blows Hot Wheels' attempt at this scale out of the water on price and quality.  










I picked this up at Walmart.  The line also has the 66 Batmobile, the Nolan Tumbler, and the BatmanVSuperman's Arkham Light.  I hate to turn down pure West, but the 89 will always be my Batmobile.


No comments:

Post a Comment