Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Thread Organizer, aka inexpensive toy storage/carrying case

Thread Organizer
aka inexpensive toy storage/carrying case
Creative Options, Amazon purchase

As a collector of die-cast movie and television cars, you're always in need of storage options that might also act as display options.  There are some official Hot Wheels cases out there, but they mostly for carry-and-play and a little overpriced for what you get.  While searching Amazon, I stumbled across this thread organizer from Creative Options.  Perfect!  At around $10, this thing has slots on both sides to hold up to 48 cars!  It's made with translucent plastic for a nice display piece, hinged doors on either side for easy access, and even a handle to take your collection on the go!  Judging from the "customers who bought this item also bought" section, I'm late in the game on this find:  Hot Wheels decals and bumper stickers make this an easy custom job.

Side Two:  Where does he get those wonderful toys?


After loading up my car collection, I looked around to see what else I might have that would benefit from this method of storage.  I have a lot of Minimates figures from various lines (DC, Marvel, Back to the Future) that could use this treatment.  I bought a second organizer to test this on the largest set of Minimates I have:  who you gonna call?!

Look at all the junk food!

You can easily fit two Minimates per slot with room to spare!  Accessories and all!

Side Two:  Let's get "Real."

Side View



I might be picking up a few more of these cases down the road for various collections.  I could see this as an organizer for action figure accessories:  all those miscellaneous alternate hands, heads, guns, and weapons.  Would also be great for other miniatures and LEGO figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment