Monday, April 19, 2021

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Parks and Recreation - PhatMojo

Aside from Garfield, is there any better character to express your feelings toward Mondays?  How about work in general?  I like Parks and Rec, but I love Ron Swanson.  Knowing Greg Daniels’ work on King of the Hill, you can tell this character was cut from the same cloth.  Because of this, I felt he was more than worthy to join my plastic hall of fame.

I am glad to have stayed clear of the less-detailed Funko Pop version.  This mini figure hits all the right buttons:  a perfect carnival/fair artist caricature.  Funny how that seems to go with mini figures, Funko in general.  They always put more effort into the little guys.  PhatMojo, who made my excellent Ducktales figures, shows some great care for the properties they represent.

Sadly, PhatMojo couldn’t break away from the mystery box gimmick.  This lame marketing ploy is way past its expiration date.  In true Ron Swanson fashion, I stood defiantly in the entertainment section of Target, opening boxes and tearing open black baggies to be able to purchase the product I wanted:


So, if anyone wants a pile of Leslie Knopes, head to Target in Springfield, MO.  I’ve done all the work for you, but no thanks is required.  Bonus:  these checked out on clearance for $1.79!  Looking past the blind box chicanery, I would call that a steal of a deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment