Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Jumanji

Jumanji
Lanard



Lanard does it again!  Another movie tie-in with great sculpting, features, and variety that is also low-cost to the collector.  I couldn't give two $*%@# about the Jumani movies (even though I love the Rock), but an animal kingdom in roughly 6-in figure scale?!  Just bring it!  Suck it, Schleich and your over-priced PVCs! 



Taking a cue from Mattel's Jurassic world deluxe dinos, the mid-range animals feature leg and head articulation with a built-in action and sound feature.  Some collectors are still going to hold out for more articulation, but this is over the moon for $10.  At first, I was just going to get the bear...then I went back for the Jaguar...then the deluxe set with the lion.  

























The deluxe set with the lion is $20 and comes with a cheetah, warthog, and eagle.  The smaller figures don't have the sound and action features, but still have a fair amount of articulation.  What really sold me on these was seeing the set side by side in the toy aisle with the 80th anniversary Marvel Legends Captain America.  Cap needed that eagle.  Superman needed that eagle.  I needed that eagle.






Hinged jaws!  Loud roaring sound effects with head rearing at the push of a button!  With more to come on the back of the box!  I'm on the hunt for that awesome Tiger for my Shazam figures.  And those larger, $15 animals are now necessities to track down.  I hope this line keeps going for some time. 

This line is a Walmart exclusive and should be hitting shelves now.  If you're a 6-inch figure collector, I don't know how you could pass these by!  
















No comments:

Post a Comment