Monday, May 15, 2017

WWE Mystery Minis

WWE MYSTERY MINIS
FUNKO

Yep, I fell for another "blind box" line.  Sort of.  I mean, these figures come in a case of twelve that are all packed the same way.  And somebody online is always kind enough to share the packing order to save you the headache of searching for your favorite Superstar and ending up with Roman Reigns over and over again. (BOOOOOOOO!)  Also, someone had already opened all the boxes when I found this crop. These are a little under six bucks at Wal-mart.  Not bad for sturdy, cute little caricatures.  They stand at an average of 3 inches high.




Bret "the Hitman" Hart is the most colorful of this second wave.  (So much black throughout.)  There are some nice details on his tank top and tights.  Also, pretty rad that his shades are translucent plastic, and they actually painted his eyes back there.







It's strange that they went with a more classic Dusty Rhodes over his yellow polka dot look he had during his time in the WWF.  A missed opportunity to bring some color to this series.  I would also take this variation, but I'm sure that's off the table.









"The Million Dollar Man" Ted Debiase at least has the Million Dollar Championship belt over his shoulder to brighten things up.  The black suit might be his standard, but there are other choices that would have been better here.







I guess if you gotta go with "Crow" Sting, the only real color variation would be Wolfpac Sting.  No thanks.  I'm gonna hold out for multiple Surfer Stings!  Oh well...at least the paint on the face and scorpions is crisp and clear.







I've seen Wave 2 on shelves at most Walmarts now, with remnants of Wave 1 scattered here and there. There are supposed to be a couple of exclusive minis in assortments at Target, but I have not been able to find these in my area yet.  They're holding Razor Ramon, Sgt. Slaughter, and Jake the Snake ransom at my most hated of chain stores?!  Ugh...character exclusives...

No comments:

Post a Comment